What do we expect from you:
- Role: Front-end engineer
- Scope: As a front-end developer at StoryChief, you will bring new features and tools to life while helping us improve existing ones. The ultimate goal is to facilitate our customers in writing and spreading their stories. You will do so by working closely with a back-end developer. You will review and have your code reviewed to make sure we as a team write maintainable and readable code. As we are a small team, every line of code will greatly impact both StoryChief and our users. You’ll have the autonomy to do your best work and plenty of support along the way.
- Level: Medior/senior
- Location: Ghent, BE (preferably but not a must)
- Timing: Asap
Amazing bonus points 🤩
- You have experience with a modern front-end framework and have a good understanding of lifecycles, caching, and performance optimizations.
- You can solve bigger/complex problems and have experience in front-end architecture.
- You have a solid understanding of web technologies and API development.
- You should have knowledge of semantic HTML and CSS.
- You care about usability, accessibility, and performance.
- You speak and write English fluently.
What does your day look like
- Experience with React.js
- Knowledge of Docker
As a front-end engineer at StoryChief, you will bring new features and tools to life while helping us improve existing ones. The ultimate goal is to facilitate our customers in writing and spreading their stories.
You will do so by working closely with the back-end developers. Our development team makes use of industry-standard best practices. So you will review and have your code reviewed to ensure we write maintainable and readable code as a team. As a small team, every line of code will greatly impact StoryChief and our users.
Do not expect a dull code-monkey experience. Creativity and autonomy are encouraged. As a team, we strive to keep learning from each other and taking pride in our work. The development team consists of motivated and skilled developers still led by one of the company's founding members. Note that StoryChief originally grew out of a marketing agency, so here at StoryChief we pride ourselves on taking design and UX seriously, and we consequently spend a lot of time and resources on it.
What's in it for you? 🤝
Excited? Do not hesitate to apply!
- A fast-paced, no-nonsense tech startup in an international scene
- A digital and data-driven company culture
- A great deal of freedom, trust, and accountability
- A thriving work environment with lots of enthusiastic people joining forces
- A salary package based on skills and experience with a broad benefits package
- A growing team in a growing company
- Personal development- Your work will have a big impact, which means as the business grows, your responsibility can grow with it.
- Flexibility & Independence
- Parties, retreats, after-work drinks, lunches, ...
- A funky pet-friendly work environment with a pop-up pool and regular BBQs.
You can do so in English or Dutch. We'll contact you soon
You will be recruited based on competencies. Qualities of people are decisive, regardless of gender, religion, ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, or any disability. Direct employees only. No agencies.
, East Flanders
||14 Sep 2022
Share Job Opening