Pani Energy is made up of a young team of highly motivated individuals who share a mutual passion for the environment. We have created a web-based platform which enables the operators of water treatment facilities to operate their plants more efficiently saving energy, consumables, and the environment. We are excited to tackle challenging problems for the betterment of society. Our workplace environment fosters and encourages both ingenuity and collaboration.
Pani is part of the 2022 & 2023 Global Cleantech 100 list of companies committed to taking action on the climate crisis for our contribution to accelerating the water sector's transition to net zero, and we are looking for driven, enthusiastic people who share this vision.
As the Customer Onboarding Applications Engineer, you are a core member of the Customer Onboarding team, reporting to the Head of Customer Onboarding. The Customer Onboarding team is responsible for technical product delivery and providing a world-class experience for customers to fully learn and adopt the product through webinars, one-on-one virtual meetings and self-learning tools. Responsible for the customer journey aspects between contract signed to training delivered, you will balance quantity with quality to provide a best-in-class experience for our customers. This role will take the lead on the Operations Validation & User Delivery phases of the customer onboarding journey to ensure the product will be configured to provide the value customers are seeking and then also guiding them on how to realize that value. You will use your applications engineering expertise to make sure the customer is set up for success at the beginning of their onboarding journey, and also equipped to use the product at the end of the onboarding process. You will spearhead the program design, content creation, and performance monitoring to ensure our customers quickly learn how to use and unlock value from our products in the best ways possible. This is a new team, so you will have a critical hand in shaping its function within the company. We hope you will be invigorated by the idea of stepping into the unknown, wearing many hats, and dealing with some ambiguity in your day to day.
You have a passion for helping others learn how to apply technology to solve problems. You enjoy the challenge of working on innovative projects with an equally talented group of co-workers who will both challenge and support you. You believe in lifelong learning and welcome the opportunity to constantly iterate and improve upon your skills. Fundamentally you want to use your talents and energy to better the world for others and contribute to the responsible management of global water and energy, and CO2 reduction.
What you bring to the team
- Master of Engineering degree, Professional Engineering designation, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5+ years as a consulting engineer/process engineer/process analyst in RO and/or biological wastewater treatment operations.
- 1+ years of relevant experience in project management
- 1+ years or relevant experience communicating/training operators/plant management staff in plant operations
- Passion for setting water treatment plants on a climate friendly path
- Strong understanding of process engineering, equipment & operations, including desalination, industrial brackish water, municipal wastewater, recycling, ZLD & other key segments
- Demonstrable ability to learn new treatment processes, process equipment, digital analytical offerings, along with the problems and opportunities within them will be required.
- Lead the Operations Validation & User Delivery phases of the customer onboarding journey leader by gaining a thorough understanding of Pani’s product and how it solves customer pain points and creates value.
- You will work with customers to validate each facility can successfully use the product tier they purchased by assessing their system and data against Pani’s product requirements.
- You will be interpreting and relaying the value created by Pani’s product (energy savings, reduced operational risk, increased performance, etc.) to the product user personas at water treatment facilities.
- Drive rapid product adoption by developing evergreen resources for product users, such as eLearning content, certification courses, training collateral, user guides, tutorial videos, assessments, and webinars.
- Work with internal teams (Sales, Customer Success, and Product), subject matter experts, and third parties to extract and transform product knowledge into digestible content for users training. You will be the center of creating all compelling content that our customers will experience on their learning journeys.
- Support the tracking and analysis of onboarding metrics related to user training engagement, training effectiveness, and time to value for product proficiency.
- Create repeatable processes, resources, and frameworks to use when onboarding customers in the operations validation phase and user training delivery phase.
- Support product & tech teams to provide expertise on treatment segment-specific challenges & feature requirements to solve customer problems.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices and industry trends related to product onboarding, customer education, and applications engineering.
Nice to Have
- Experience in the water industry, ideally in water/wastewater treatment
- Experience in onboarding customers to use a software product
- Experience working for a SaaS startup
Does this role sound like the next step in your career?
Then we want to hear from you! If you don’t meet all of our requirements exactly, then we invite you to use your cover letter to tell us about your unique experience - we understand that talent comes from many places and that skills are transferable.
Our commitment to an extraordinary work environment
At Pani, our values drive how we work with each other, and we believe that being yourself at your place of work is just as important as the work you do. We strive to foster an inclusive and diverse community for all employees from all walks of life. So, no matter your gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, ethnicity, race, age, or geographical location, we are a community that welcomes you.
Our Pani Recruitment Team personally reviews each application