Pani Energy is made up of a young team of highly motivated individuals who share a mutual passion for the environment. We have created a web-based platform which enables the operators of water treatment facilities to operate their plants more efficiently saving energy, consumables, water, and the environment. Our workplace environment fosters ingenuity and collaboration as we tackle challenging problems for the betterment of society.
Pani is part of the 2022 Global Cleantech 100 list of companies committed to acting on the climate crisis by focusing on the water industry, one of the largest industries in the world. We are accelerating that industry's transition to net zero carbon emissions, and we need driven, enthusiastic people who share this vision to help us succeed.
As a Data Scientist you are a core member of a technical development team reporting to the Director of Engineering and Science. You will operate in a cross-functional team at the cutting edge of data science in the water industry. You will be involved in innovation through developing models and frameworks for a product that provides tangible value to the industry by changing the way water treatment plants are operated.
You have a passion for data and enjoy working on tough problems with an equally talented group of co-workers who will both challenge and support you. You believe in lifelong learning and welcome the opportunity to constantly iterate and improve upon your skills. Fundamentally you want to use your talents and energy to better the world for others and contribute to global greenhouse gas reduction through the responsible management of global water and energy.
What you bring to the team
- A Bachelor of Science (Computer Science) or a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical) with 2 - 5 years of experience working in the field of data science OR a Master’s degree or higher in a related field
- Expert knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods for forecasting and/or anomaly detection, especially on timeseries data. Preferred applicants will provide practical examples of applying these methods.
- Experience with large datasets. Sufficient knowledge of relational databases to work efficiently with software and engineering partners
- Fluency in Python and associated testing frameworks with a proven ability for writing code which is maintainable and scalable
- Experience operating in Agile software development teams
- Lead internal data science modelling practices and collaborate with engineering modelers as part of a hybrid modeling approach to solve specific problems on real client data.
- Build statistical models and machine learning inference systems using multiple data sources
- Communicate findings derived from data clearly and concisely throughout the organization
- Create visualizations, documentation, and requirements specifications to collaborate with product, software, and business stakeholders
- Provide expertise on data science modelling techniques to other teams within the company
- Contribute to maintaining a production-level codebase of models and modelling tools using tools such as Git, Docker, Jenkins, or similar.
- Test and validate models, algorithms, and tooling against real-time client data to ship code at the global scale with confidence
Nice to Have
- Experience in the water industry, ideally in water/wastewater treatment
- Experience working for a SaaS startup
- Working knowledge of thermodynamics, chemistry, or chemical engineering, especially as it pertains to water treatment
Does this role sound like the next step in your career?
Then we want to hear from you! If you don’t meet all our requirements exactly, then we invite you to use your cover letter to tell us about your unique experience - we understand that talent comes from many places and that skills are transferable.
Our commitment to an extraordinary work environment
At Pani, our values drive how we work with each other, and we believe that being yourself at your place of work is just as important as the work you do. We strive to foster an inclusive and diverse community for all employees from all walks of life. So, no matter your gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, ethnicity, race, age, or geographical location, we are a community that welcomes you.
Our Pani Recruitment Team personally reviews each application.