Pani Energy is made up of a worldclass team of highly motivated individuals who share a mutual passion for the environment. We have created a web-based platform which enables the operators of water treatment facilities to operate their plants more efficiently saving energy, consumables, and the environment. We are excited to tackle challenging problems for the betterment of society. Our workplace environment fosters and encourages both ingenuity and collaboration.
Pani is part of the 2023 Global Cleantech 100 list of companies committed to taking action on the climate crisis for our contribution to accelerating the water sector's transition to net zero, and we are looking for driven, enthusiastic people who share this vision.
You will be a key part of Pani’s customer onboarding team, improving the speed and quality of product delivery for customers. By working closely with our Water Applications Engineer, Implementation Engineers, and Data Connectivity Expert, you will provide a world-class onboarding experience to Pani customers. You will be responsible for the last mile customizations and configurations to the product application to help fit the features to customer’s preferences. You will be responsible for QA/QC for all our application deliveries, and ensure customers receive completeness and correctness in the tier of the product they purchased. You will help find efficiencies and improvements to the onboarding process to reduce the time to onboarding for customers and Pani's internal teams.
You are a new grad or have at least two years of working experience and have a passion for development and enjoy the challenge of working on innovative projects with an equally talented group of co-workers who will both challenge and support you. You believe in lifelong learning and welcome the opportunity to constantly iterate and improve upon your skills. Fundamentally you want to use your talents and energy to better the world for others and contribute to the responsible management of global water and energy, and CO2 reduction.
What you bring to the team
- University degree or diploma in a technical field such as mechanical, chemical, process, or environmental engineering or equivalent experience
- New grad with Coop experience conducting data analysis working with metadata in the water sector
- 2+ years of experience conducting data analysis working with metadata
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply engineering concepts quickly
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software quickly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Eager to be an integral part of a fast-paced team
- Eager to learn new technical skills (e.g. running scripts)
- Work with the onboarding team to implement Tier 1 (View) and Tier 2 (Focus) applications for customers
- Work with the onboarding team and product team to QA/QC application delivery of all tiers (including creating and back-testing studies).
- Interface with customers to recommend and execute last mile customizations for customers and QA/QC their application (e.g. dashboard formatting, naming preferences)
- Understand the design and control of various water treatment plant configurations and processes to be able to assess accuracy and correctness of the analytics for the customer
- Use Pani’s toolbox to configure dashboards, alerts, KPIs and models, and custom reports
- QA/QC the application to identify errors or anomalies and resolve these to ensure delivery of complete and accurate features
- Use engineering analysis and software unit testing to verify your own work and check the work of others
- Work with the engineering and software development teams to develop and improve internal onboarding tools to make the onboarding process more efficient
Nice to Have
- 1+ years of experience working with software development teams to improve processes
- Experience in the water industry, ideally with RO processes or O+M
- Experience working for a SaaS startup
Does this role sound like the next step in your career?
Then we want to hear from you! If you don’t meet all of our requirements exactly, then we invite you to use your cover letter to tell us about your unique experience - we understand that talent comes from many places and that skills are transferable.
Pani offers a competitive total rewards package which includes a comprehensive health & dental benefits and paid time off. The annualized base salary range for this Victoria-based role is CAD $50,000 to $100,000. The base salary offered to the successful candidate will consider a wide array of factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill set, level of experience applicable to the role they are being offered and consideration of internal equity. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to, location, experience and expertise.
Our commitment to an extraordinary work environment
At Pani, our values drive how we work with each other, and we believe that being yourself at your place of work is just as important as the work you do. We strive to foster an inclusive and diverse community for all employees from all walks of life. So, no matter your gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, ethnicity, race, age or geographical location, we are a community that welcomes you.
Our Pani Recruitment Team personally reviews each application.